Recently with my Role Play gamers, we came into rolisteam in order to play our last session. We tried almost all the 1.6.1 stable version and here are our feedbacks & ideas:
The bad things (sadly, there are some bad points):
- The website, there is a link to a 2.0.0 API, while the current version is 1.6.1, the next one is 1.7.0 and the next again is 1.8.0. This is quite confusing
- During our play, rolisteam crashed several times, maybe 2 or 3 in some 6 hours. I do not know how we managed to crash it, is there a log file or something ?
- As a DM, I tried to show things to a distinct player, because the team was splitted (as usual for us). But I could not show him things without showing it to the others.
- Surprisingly (and not as much at all), there are no character sheet. This is maybe not a bad choice because there are plenty of Role Play Games
- We discovered how to modify things with right click about two hours after starting using it
- Your software is really easy to use and understand ! (despite the points said before)
- Map, image and chat management are well done, but I have suggestions below !
- Fog of War !
- Ambient music !
- resources sharing without preload !
- You have set rights to access to chats... But... Why you did not the same with Maps and Images ? I think that this is not very difficult to do for you. Because you have to think that chat, maps and images are resources and you put the same system for the resources
- Always with the same aim (manage splitted players) is it difficult to put more Fog of War layers ? Or Fog of War to a group of players ?
- Why not stream the music as for the images ?
- Also, for the character sheets, maybe you can add PDF files to the resources shared ? With that, you can avoid the boring MultipleGameMechanicsCharacterSheetManagement.
- Add images to the map ? Like sprites ? This has not been a real problem for us, but you can gain some users more with that.
Finally, I hope this will help you in further developments. I will update these lists with the next play sessions coming.